© Copyright 2006 J. Banfill. All Rights Reserved.Legal Notice
Fifth Grade Hands-On Activities
- Measure using appropriate measuring instruments and units of measurement:
- length in parts of an inch, inches, feet, yards, millimeters, centimeters and
- weight/mass in ounces, pounds, grams, kilograms
- Classify angles and triangles as right, acute or obtuse.
- Draw right, acute and obtuse angles and triangles.
- Determine the ordered pair for a point in the first quadrant of a coordinate
plane. Locate a point that is described by an ordered pair.
- Construct a tree diagram of all the possible outcomes of an event and
determine the probability that a specific outcome will occur.
- Collect numerical data from the real world. Organize the data in a table and
present it as bar graphs, line graphs and stem and leaf plots
- Use calculators and concrete materials to investigate, describe and extend
numerical and geometric patterns including triangular numbers, perfect squares,
patterns formed by powers of 10 and arithmetic sequences.