Multiplying Feet and Inches
How to multiply feet and inches
- Convert feet and inches to inches by multiplying feet by 12 and adding the number of inches
- Perform the required multiplication to determine the number of inches.
- Convert the inches to feet and inches by dividing by 12.
- The quotient is the number of feet and the remainder is the number of inches.
Example: Multiply 5 feet 7 inches times 4
- Convert 5 feet to inches by multiplying 12 by 5:
12 * 5 = 60 inches
- Add the number of extra inches:
60 + 7 = 67 inches
- Perform the required multiplication:
67 * 4 = 268 inches
- Convert to feet and inches by dividing by 12:
268 ÷ 12 = 22 R 4
- The quotient (22) is the number of feet and the remainder (4) is the number of inches.
- Answer: 22 feet 4 inches